Welcome coaches! This Level 3 program is laid out for participants to paddle three times weekly for 10 weeks in the summer with the end result being ready for high level competing, or nationals!
LEVEL 3 PADDLERS: This water progression is for paddlers who participate in seasonal team or club paddling programs to prepare for the upcoming water season. This training may attract paddlers new to the sport if recruiting for nationals. No experience is required. However, base fitness or participation in the club programs is suggested. This technical coaching will prepare paddlers to do a 200M, 500M, 1000M and 2000M race at the end of 10 sessions.
LEVEL 3 CRITERIA: This program is formulated on the criteria that defines a level three paddler. These paddlers:
- May be paddlers either part of a team or individuals trying out for a club crew
- Are responsible for participation in the club seasonal programs
- Have the intention of working towards earning a seat on the boat
- Develop their skills and abilities according to the team criteria
- Are competitive within their own goals and those of the teams
LEVEL 3 PROGRESSION GOAL: This program will prepare paddlers to be able to sustain multiple RPE training progressions to prepare for all race distances.